Bunions are caused by complex foot biomechanical issues, hereditary foot factors, shoe and activity influences. Darwin Podiatry assesses the foot and lower leg thoroughly to design a treatment plan that best suits your individual bunion presentation.
If necessary, we can also refer you for a surgical opinion.
If your big toe is protruding from the base of your foot, you have a bunion Pain. A bunionette, or tailor’s bunion, can also form on your little toe.
Depending on the severity of your bunion and the level of pain it is causing, you have a variety of bunion treatment choices.
The use of moderate therapy
surgery is not always needed in bunion treatment.
- It is altering one’s footwear Wear shoes that are roomy enough for your toes to move freely.
- Non-prescription bunion pads or cushions are available over-the-counter.
- Taking ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), or naproxen sodium (Aleve) helps ease the pain of a bunion.
- Padded shoe inserts can help alleviate your symptoms and prevent your foot bunion from worsening by distributing pressure more evenly while you walk or run.
- Using an ice pack on your bunion after prolonged periods of standing or when it is inflamed will help alleviate pain and discomfort.
Options for surgery
Consider surgery if conservative treatment fails to alleviate your symptoms. Only if a bunion is causing you constant pain or interfering with your everyday activities should you consider bunion surgery.
Bunion Surgery can be happened in various ways, and no single method is suitable for everyone.
Insoles for the toes
Having a bunion on your foot doesn’t mean you’re the only one who suffers from it. This is a condition that most actresses, models, and athletes are aware of. Bunions can be caused by years of wearing high heels and frequent running. This called Foot Bunion.
Bunions can be excruciating, but the good news is that they don’t necessitate a lengthy and painful treatment. Using bunion correctors is the quickest and most effective technique to alleviate the discomfort caused by bunions. Bunion sleeves, splints, and pads are some of the options available for those with bunions to consider. To alleviate bunion discomfort naturally, bunion correctors are your best bet. It’s the most excellent bunion protector to use a toe sleeve of silicone.
Surgery for the bunion?
The goal of bunion surgery is to alleviate the discomfort and repair the deformities produced by the condition.
Bunion discomfort can be alleviated with this treatment
Bunions relieved pain can be treated with a simple application of lavender oil to the afflicted area. An excellent relaxant, lavender has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory qualities. Lavender oil can be made by combining dried lavender flowers with olive or almond oil and heating it over a low heat.