Physical activity and exercise are important to health and the prevention and treatment of many chronic diseases. Unfortunately there are millions of Australian’s that do not perform the minimal required standards to achieve the benefits.
- Lowers the risk of colon cancer by over 60%
- Decreases depression as effectively as medications or behavioural therapy
- Reduces the risk of heart disease by 40%
- Reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by one-third
- Reduces mortality and the risk of recurrent breast cancer by almost 50%
- Reduces the incidence of high blood pressure by almost 50%
- Lowers the risk of stroke by 27%
- Reduces the incidence of diabetes by almost 50%
As a registered health professional, a Podiatrist is able to assess and screen you before you start an exercise program, recommend suitable amounts and type of exercise and referral to an Accredited Exercise Physiologist for ongoing support.